1. TATTOOED MAKEUP ALWAYS LOOKS FAKE? FALSE
In good hands, and using the latest technology, this treatment can produce extremely natural and realistic results.
2. SEMI-PERMANENT MAKEUP MEANS YOU LOOK READY FOR A NIGHT OUT ALL THE TIME? FALSE
Semi-permanent makeup should be a subtle enhancement used to correct and improve rather than create a 'made-up' look or style.
3. YOU HAVE TO SHAVE YOUR EYEBROWS BEFORE TREATMENT? FALSE
Never!! No hair is removed unless necessary to achieve a better shape (and not by shaving).
4. THE BIGGER THE BETTER? FALSE
Although fuller eyebrows can look more youthful, that doesn't apply to all face shapes.
5. SEMI-PERMANENT MAKEUP AND PERMANENT MAKEUP ARE THE SAME THING? TRUE
The US call it permanent and in the UK we call it semi-permanent. It is also known as micro-pigmentation, digital-microblading or cosmetic tattooing.
4. THE RESULTS ARE PERMANENT? FALSE
These treatments are not permanent - they last between one and three years, in some cases it can be longer. The process requires maintenance and is usually repeated within 1-3 years.